Monday, December 3, 2007

Another good week. Got gloves?

Another good week getting in some winter miles here. I cut back a little from last week, and ran 56 miles this week in:

Mon: 0
Tue: 5 easy
Wed: 13.5, hilly, 6:45 to 7 pace
Thu:6+ easy
Fri: 6+ easy
Sat: 17 in 1:54, good hard run as the sun went down on the Wissahickon path, steady, just under 6:45 pace, felt very strong
Sun: 8 easy in dicey weather

The Saturday run was a great one, I felt very strong and just kept rolling, just me and the ipod. Probably a little out of whack with the rest of the mileage.

I am in search of new gloves though. For whatever reason I have become more of a cold weather wuss this season and my cold hands have been killing me. Last year I was fine with some cheap fleece gloves that I bought from Campmor. This year they aren't cutting it.

I picked up a pair of Asics Thermopolis gloves last week, but they aren't warm enough. Sunday was sleety, and even covered with waterproof mittens my hands were still freezing and my fingers were turning white. Does anyone have any glove solutions they like?

5 comments:

MB said...

This past Sunday, cold here in Boston, I ran with cotton gloves under fleece mittens. The fingers were toasty the whole two hours and ten minutes of running.

My advice if going with this easy method is to make sure the mittens are large enough to allow the fingers move around inside. It's a cheap quick fix that works for temperatures down to a "feels like 0".

btw, my first time here on your blog, nice site, I like the trials photos and congrats on your recent marathon. You seem to have some good speed.

Mindi said...

I like the lightweight underarmour gloves with the cheap cotton stretchy ones on top. It helps keep my hands dryer and warmer. The additional bonus is they are light and small so you can easily tuck them away if your hands warm up.

Nice week.

The Salty One said...

Another vote for mittens! Make them waterproof too and you will be happy. I am super wuss this winter too. What's up with that anyway?

Tom said...

OK. I will definitely add some better mittens to the mix. I have a pair of Outdoor Research shells, but they don't seem to do the trick.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Anonymous said...

Old, used briefs that haven't hit the rag bin. Preferably sans skid marks...




Not really...