Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Visit the doc & an x-ray

So I saw my doc last night. He and I are cautiously optimistic that it is just soft tissue damage, but I got an x-ray this morning just to be safe. The doctor wrote on my prescription "runs 50-70 miles / week". This caused quite a bit of discussion in radiology as to whether or not such a thing was even possible, whether that was 5 or 7 miles per day (hope you are not the one running the controls on the x-ray!), etc.

Less swelling, no redness, more flexibility, but a little more pain today.

Thanks for the ideas on the last post. I think pointing the finger at not cutting back the weeks after the marathon is probably as good a guess as any.

2 comments:

mainers said...

sounds like a positive diagnosis Tom so just be careful and patient and you'll be fine again soon. not a bad time to be dinged anyway as presumably no races any time soon

sage said...

sorry you're hurt again, Tom.

that's really funny, is 50-70 mpw even possible. ha.