Friday, December 21, 2007

off the schneid!

I tried a short treadmill run on Wednesday night which was, to reuse a term from a few months ago, craptacular. My shin never loosened up and kinda hurt. I was about to bag after a half mile or so, but it got a little better as it warmed up, so I stuck it out for 2 miles at 10mm. It hurt after, it was sore in the morning and I was po'd.

But what a difference 24 hours makes! by lunchtime Thursday it felt great, so I got back on the treadmill Thursday night and only felt the slightest bit of tightness. And after a half mile, not even that. Just 3 miles of nice easy pain-free running at 9:30 pace. Best 3 miles I've run in a long time! Schweet!

Now I just need to work on not being so stupid!

2 comments:

The Salty One said...

Phew! I'm glad the shin thing is clearing up. I periodically get what I swear is a stress fracture only for it to disappear in a couple of days. I think the tendonitis over the shin is very localized and just hurts like a bitch so it scares the bejezus out of us :)

And thanks for making me feel better by running so slow! Heh.

Mindi said...

Ah. The treadmill makes everything suck. At least that is my experience. I am glad you are feeling better. And to rip off my 4 year old's vast vocabulary, your progress is "FWEET!!"