Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Week of 5/5

Not a bad week running-wise. The weather has gotten nice except for
the odd pollen attack here and there. My hamstring has cleared up
nicely. I'm starting to head into my racing season and I'm excited.
I'm thinking I'll probably run a 5k this weekend, then one the last
weekend of May, then come June there is a fast local Wednesday night
5k series. After a few of those I'll aim to be ready for a big 4th of
July race and that's about it. Whew. I'm tired already. :)

Last week was just about 50 miles. Workouts were:

Tu: 9.6 with 6.5 at tempo - 5:52 avg pace, felt good. The long tempos
have been a really nice addition this year. I never used to take
these runs over 5 miles.
Wed: 7.5 at 7:15 pace
Fri: Lousy weather, so I turned my interval workout into a crazy Dean
Karzanes style TM time trial, 4 miles in 21:24, 5:21 pace. Goofy, but
fun.
Sun: A moderate, but hilly 10 around 7:20 pace.

And that's about it.

1 comment:

CactusTri said...

Yup, just when you start getting weather good enough for running, mine starts heating up to the point of insanity. I enjoyed my run this morning as it was only 61 or so. It got up to 95 y'day and should be close to 90 today.