Monday, August 11, 2008

Wha Happenin?

Now my 2 year old son's favorite line. "Daddy, wha happenin?". Sit
and watch Cars with him and you'll hear it an even hundred times.

So, wha happenin?

Mostly just got busy with life and work. I ran that 5K on the Fourth
of July - much the same as my other efforts this spring - 16:55 or
somewhere thereabouts. I took some downtime the next week or so after
that, then started in with a base building plan for the fall. I've
decided that I'm going to train this fall a little bit more like I did
last year - higher miles, more LT pace workouts, and focus on some
longer races for the fall. I decided that I could use some aerobic
development for the fall so I've started my season by following the
Pfitzinger 18/70 plan. The last 3 weeks have been just around 60
miles with a 15-17 long run.

I'll probably do a 5k late this month for a fitness check. In
September, I've got a couple half marathons. I'm doing a trail HM
early in the month - probably just as a good hard workout. Then the
PDR in late September. I'll run that one hard but don't really expect
to be in great shape by then. I'll probably plan on something at the
Philly Marathon in late November for a peak race.

This past week, 62 miles and my first tempo run of the fall season, 4
miles at 5:45 pace.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Sounds like Luke is a fan of Mike LaFontaine from A Mighty Wind :-)

Good to see you posting again & eager to see how your fall racing all shakes out.

Anonymous said...

Well, you're not dead. That's good news. Otherwise, good plan. It'll be interesting to see how performances differ in the re-shifting in training--not leaving the workouts on the track...o wait, that was me...seriously, good to have you back.

Runnin-From-The-Law said...

Hey! You beat me last week by half a mile - I finished with 61.5 miles. (Ok, you also beat me by several hours, in speed, I'm sure!)

It'll be fun to see you kick butt at longer distances too!

Mindi said...

HAHAHAHA. Wait until he calls you "dude" relentlessly. ;)