Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Week of 8/25

Cutback week this week, and it was about time. The little nagging
things were piling up and my legs were a little tired, so it was nice
to take a little break. Of course a cutback week is also a good time
for a tune-up race, right? Right? That's was a funny.

Just over 52 miles.

Mon - 5 easy
Tues - 5000 on the track, 16:54, led for about a mile and a half to
pace a friend to a PR, 2nd OA
Wed - 5 easy
Thus - 11 harder
Fri - 14 hard
Sat - 0
Sun - easy 10

In September I've got 2 half marathons coming up, one this weekend and
then the PDR on the 21st. This weekend is just for fun - I'll
probably do it as a marathon pace workout. The PDR I will run hard.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Which HM do you have this weekend?

Anonymous said...

Dude, seriously, are you secretly planning marathon? Your training sounds like it...

Tom said...

Maria - Larry & I were going to run this race - http://www.nepa-rail-trails.org/marathon.html - and take all the kids to the lake, but bagged with the weather

Joseph - I'm running the Pfitz 70 mpw marathon plan, I still haven't decided what I'll race in Nov