Wednesday, October 3, 2007

10/2/07

Monday was a planned 0. Last night I ran a nice quiet, easy 9. Just mid-8s or so. I was surprising sore from running hard Sat and Sun.

I saw that the Jenkintown running team took the top 3 spots at the Parkway Run this weekend. Outstanding. As I've gotten faster I've started paying a little more attention to the top of the leaderboard and the depth in the Philly area is just amazing. You have to be ready to run mid-15s just to compete for the top, even in smaller 5ks. I've got work to do. :)

Last week was about 53 miles.

Mon: 5 ez
Tue: 6+ez
Wed: 9.5 group run moderately fast
Thu: 6 ez
Fri: planned 0
Sat: 13.1 progression 90 mins, out in low 7s back in high 6s
Sun: 13 miles with a low key 5k (2nd oa in 17:35)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom,

That's quite a weekend. Are you deliberately putting back to back hard days together? I know some coaches recommend that.

Overall, that week looks very solid--enough to keep you in shape, but reasonable to stay fresh and race well. Consistancy, aqs I'm finding out the hard way, is key.

Tom said...

No, that was kind of an accident. I thought Saturday would be easier but I got a little amped up on the way back. Thankfully no one was pushing me for place in the 5k on Sunday.

Regardless, I was hurting on Monday.

With my nagging calf soreness I think I need to be more careful about stacking 2 hard days.

Quinto Sol said...

I am curious... what is your ez pace?

Tom said...

I try to keep it over 8m/m. If I'm feeling good, sometimes I notice that I drift down, but I purposely try to keep it 8-8:30.

Other workout paces are:

Pace Approx
LT 5:38-5:53
DP 6:20-7:30
5k 5:20-5:30