Monday, October 29, 2007

Week in Review

Just over 40 miles this week, still on the easy train.

M: 6 ez
Tu: 6 ez
Wed: 5 ez + massage
Thu: 7 at LR pace with a few mid 6s mixed in
Fri: 5ez
Sat: 0
Sun: 12 ez

The calf is doing much, much better this week than last, although I think I may have jumped the gun a little with a faster run and a 12 miler. There's not really any pain, just some soreness. I didn't even notice it during the long run, but did feel it a bit on Monday morning.

I think I will aim for around 40 this week as well and see how it feels.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom,

Sounds like it's coming along. Are you stretching and keeping the area loose? That's important...otherwise, you sound like you about turned the corner on this thing

Tom said...

Definitely more stretching than I was doing before. I'm also focusing a lot on the hamstrings since I think that may have been a contributing factor. They are still pretty tight.

Not sure I've turned a corner, but looking back at my logs there is definite improvement. I just need to take it slow and focus on the big picture (i.e. forget about racing and running fast for a while - thinking about it only drives me nuts.)