Wednesday, October 17, 2007

More easy

Got out for an easy untimed 5 on Monday and again on Tuesday. Just nice gentle running, probably mid 8s. Still paying very close attention to any of the squawks coming form my left calf. Feeling some weakness in the soleous, but no real soreness or pain. I started trying to stretch some new calf and hamstring stretches, but I was feeling some soreness from that, so I've backed off a bit and I'm just doing a little more of my normal stretches.

We got out this weekend to Elk Mt which does a nice fall festival with my parents. They open up the ski lift so you can take the lift up and see the leaves. Very cool! The kids liked it, but the little guy did not want to ride back down, so we decided to walk down the slope. Note to self: there is no calf workout like walking down a ski slope with a 35 pound kid on your shoulders! Owee zowee! My knees and ankles are still a little sore from this one, but I don't think they'll be a problem.

Either way, the views were fantastic!

Elk Fall Fest

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom,

Where are you in this photo: the Poconos? If so, whereabouts?

Anyhow, nice photo of the family and all. Very cute.

Maria said...

First time seeing you all together - what a gorgeous family you all are! Sounds like a fun weekend.

M-