Saturday, March 15, 2008

Adrenaline 5k

For a nice summary of the race, check out Seebo's summary. Except where he says he surges past Tom in the last 30 meters just substitute "Seebo surges past me" and you've got my view on it. :)

Nice day for racing, first time on this course. As planned, first mile was 5:18, but I didn't drop down from there. Mile 2 was a tiny bit hilly, and a few turns. I didn't think I dropped off pace but ran a 5:29. There wasn't much horse trading going on where I was - just 3 or 4 guys hanging together and moving back and forth. I thought I would be able to drop the hammer a bit for the last 3/4 of a mile or so which was a straight shot to the finish, but there were no more gears there. Last 1.1 in 5:58 for 5:25 pace. 16:47 for 47th overall.

I heard the 'first female' calls as I was heading in and it sounded like there was a race developing so I just drifted off to the left a bit to stay out of their way.

Congrats to Seebo on a nice race - he's setting up for a great Boston. Congrats also to the Jenkintown Running guys who went 1-2. (You had to go sub 15 to crack the top 10 in this one!)

I thought I had more in the can for this one. Don't really know what happened, but it was what it was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's your first race of the season, and you're 12 seconds off your PR. I'd say that isn't bad, my friend. Remember: low key data-point. Seriously, if you're looking to be in sub-16 shape by the summer, you're well on your way...just knocking some rust, man...I love how fast this race is by the way. I have a strong intention, next Spring, to visit my Sister over break and run this damn thing...

Then I can you and Seebo hand me my ass...

Mindi said...

Wow! Very nice - congrats!

sneakersister said...

Sorry to hear you missed your goal but congratulations on a race well run anyway.