Wednesday, March 12, 2008

How far we've come



I started running but there's no where to run to
I sat down on the street, took a look at myself
...
let's see how far we've come (right now)
let's see how far we've come


Saturday - go time. First race. Game plan is to hold back the first mile and try to negative split. I have never successfully done that, but I will give it a try. I will say the goal is 5:20 first mile, 16:20 something overall. Hopefully this plan will survive the first quarter mile. :)

Tuesday

At my dirt track. I'm not a great track runner. I don't really know how to run the turns. Especially on this 1/5 mile track I can feel myself just fighting to keep my speed up and leaning in to stay close to the curb in the turns, then rocketing down the straights.

4 x 1/5 goal 64: 64,63,63,62
1 x 4 mile tempo: 5:54,5:59,5:59,5:56
4 x 1/5 goal 64: 62,63,62,62

Monday & Wednesday - easy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

IMHO, opinion dirt and/or cinder is not condusive to fast times--the more turning, the harder it is to go "fast"...

Good luck Sat. I'll be pulling for you...

Anonymous said...

I noticed, by the way, your accuweather has Sat. listed as "very windy". Yikes!

Mindi said...

Good luck Saturday! Definitely go for the negative split and slow(er) first mile. I have rarely been able to do it, but every time I have, it works out very well.