Thursday, January 10, 2008

1/10

Good running this week so far. We are in the midst of a warm-wave in the mid-Atlantic here and the past few nights have all been in the 50s when I got out to run, so it's been shorts and t-shirt weather. No complaints, but I'm sure the cold is right around the corner.

So far this week:

Monday - 9.20 mi @ 8:18 pace
Tuesday - 6.40 mi @ 8:07 pace
Wednesday - 8.00 mi @ 8:00 pace

I've noticed this steady drift downward before in my easy run pace when I'm not doing workouts. I'm going to try to shake it up and vary that pace a little more. I think it's just unconscious.

I've looked through the options for races and I think I'm going to target a few 5ks between Father's day and the fourth of July for a peak. There's a gap in fast races in May when I'd like to try to run one and by June the college kids will be out to run some fast 5ks so hopefully I'll be in condition to get pulled along to some fast ones.

Of course, that's 6 months away which seems like a long training cycle for a 5k series.

No comments: