Monday, January 14, 2008

3.33 Miles Per Blogger

One of the benefits of having a blog like this is that it is a nice way to meet up with local runners whom you might never otherwise find, except maybe at races. Saturday morning saw a nice 10 mile-ish tour of one of Seebo's regular routes out through West Philly and back. I also got to meet John. And Seebo's sycamore is very impressive. Although I doubt I could ever find it on my own.

That said, I do now know where the founder of Flag Day is from.

It was a great run, and it's really nice to be able to spend some time with and pick the brains of runners with a lot more experience than myself.

I noted to John that I run on Forbidden Drive all the time, and we agreed that we must have seen each other there before. Funny that. Sunday afternoon I passed him going out as I was on the way back. :)

Sunday was a comfortable 15 from Chestnut Hill College, down Forbidden Drive to Lincoln Drive, then Kelly to just over Falls Bridge and back. 7:20 pace overall. This was also a bit of a return to the scene of the crime, since this is the same route I was on in December when I hurt my shin. No shin problems this time.

I was hoping to see the Falls Bridge all lit up, since I saw in the paper that they have some new lights, but I guess I was a little bit early.

This week wrapped up with 68+ in 7 runs. I'm feeling pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will's got the mileage up on you I see. Is that a high volume for you? I think you're really laying the groundwork for some kickass racing...