Monday, February 4, 2008

Long Runday

Got out for a nice even-paced long run late on Sunday afternoon - 17 miles even in just a couple seconds over 2 hours (7:05 pace) in the squelchy, squelchy mud at the Wissahickon.

It was really kind of a gut-check (no pun intended!) run - I'm still getting over some of the effects of the stomach bug and since the kids are off their game, we haven't been getting a ton of sleep. After about an hour I really just wanted to mail it in. But I hung in there and got my first 2 hour run since before I was hurt, which is a nice feeling.

I was feeling it a little bit in the hamstrings after a while, but I've been viewing this as a good development. No pain at all in the lower legs, which is even better.

Then I get home and found out that my daughter was sick again. This started last Tuesday night! I will not be surprised if I get home from work today and find that the CDC has wrapped my house in the same giant plastic tent that they used in ET.

I saw an awesome bumper sticker in the parking lot before I went out for this run -- on a small, 2 door Kia, a giant yellow and black bumper sticker that said "YEAH, IT"S GOT A HEMI!". That made me laugh

2 comments:

seebo said...

Paste that bumper sticker on the ass-end of your shorts.

Anonymous said...

Whatever bug is going around, it is kicking the ass of folks.

Well, it really sounds like you're working yourself back into shape. Do you and coach have any idea when you'll start throwing in some workouts into the mix?

Whatever, it's great you're healthy and running again.

PS: I'm still game for your music offer. I've just been tardy getting back to you, a repeated theme one senses...