Sunday, February 17, 2008

Week of 2/11

This week was 57.4 miles in 7 runs.

M: 45 minutes easy
T: 2x3mi @ 6:00 pace
W: 50 minutes easy
T: 40 minutes easy
F: 16x400 75-79
S: 55 minutes easy
S: 16+ miles avg just under 7 pace

Friday was an interesting new workout. I am working with a coach this season, so I'm getting to experience a whole new range of workouts. This is probably good for me since I have a tendency to fall into a workout rut.

Friday night was 16x400, 200 jog after every rep, plus another 200 jog after every 4th. Got that? Seebo talks about how he learns something every time he goes to the track. Do you want to know what I learned? I need this guy to come with me!



Btw - parents with young kids - CTW has finally started putting videos up online - http://video.sesameworkshop.org/ - we really enjoy Sesame in our house, so it's been a lot of fun. They have a bunch on there that you don't see anymore, including old-school Super Grover, Grover as the waiter, etc. It's a blast to see all the old segments. Did I ever tell you we were only allowed to watch PBS growing up in my house? :) I'm still looking for the episode where Stan steals the 'Golden An" and puts it in his Tan Van.

The Friday 400 reps are supposed to be done at 5k pace, so it's not a killer oxygen debt workout. I averaged 78 and got them all between 75 and 79 so I was happy. It was a nice solid workout.

Sunday was a good long run - 16 miles in 1:52 - mostly trail (down the Wissahickon to West River Drive and back). Took the first 2 to warmup, then in the low 7s to the turnaround, then down through the 6s, last 5 miles all 6:20s/6:30s. Felt good, although still a little sore from Friday's workout. Ended up averaging just under 7 pace for the total. The rain held out and it wasn't too cold.

I'm happy with that week and feeling pretty good after 2 weeks back on the workout horse.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been to Sesame Place recently? I tell my wife when we come to Philly with Daisy to see some of my family, we need to go there.

By the way, I'm impressed with the SU long run after the hard workout on SU. Is that LR done at progressive effort? What's the HR limit you're hitting that run at?

Tom said...

Joseph:

I haven't - although my wife took the kids last summer with my sister. They liked it. There are so many good things in the city though, that we don't think often about heading out that way. I'm sure we'll go this spring.

After Friday? Sunday was 157 avg, so 75-80 % ish and it was progressive. Max was 177.

sneakersister said...

I only let my kids watch PBS in my house. DH lets them watch Cartoon Network which is too violent in my opinion. Last night DD kept repeating to DH "I'm going to kill you." Case in point.