Monday, February 25, 2008

Week of 2/18

Last week was 58.9 miles in 7 runs.

M: 5 easy
T: 9.8 with 40 minutes @ 6:00 pace - hard
W: 5.7 easy
T: 9.75 with 12 x 1/5 mile cutdowns - moderate
F: 5 easy
S: 10.5 with 4x(5min @ 10k, 3min jog, 3min @ 10k, 2 min jog) - moderately hard
S: 13 @ 7:30 - moderately easy

It's been pretty busy here lately. I think someone has been sick in our house pretty much every week since Christmas. This weekend it was our son and he was up all night on Saturday with a nasty cold. There's just not enough sleeping going on in our house.

Some decent running this week. Tuesday was hard. I rarely take tempo runs much up past 30 or 35 minutes, so 40 minutes was pushing it pretty good. The cut downs on Thursday weren't physically very hard, but I'm struggling mentally to get the feel for the difference between 5:00, 5:10 and 5:20 pace.

I've decided on a first early season test - there's a good 5k in 3 weeks. The Adrenaline 5k is a kickoff to the spring season here and gets a great, fast crowd. I've never run it before, but I will give it a shot this year and see how things are progressing. Any locals going to be there? Seebo?

I'll have to be lucky (and fast) there to crack the top 20, so it should be fun. I've been doing more fast paced work this spring than I ever have, but I don't really have a good feel where my 5k fitness is. This should be a good data point.

2 comments:

sneakersister said...

Holy smokes! That is a fast race. Good luck Tom.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom,

What kind of shape you think you're in?

Of course, best of luck...