Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Week of 2/4. Hungry, hungry.

First week back with mixed pace running. 58.5 miles in 7 runs.

M: 5.2 ez
T: Tempo 8.25 with 5 at 6:12 pace
W: 7 ez
T: 8+ with 10x300 with 500 jog (56-59 seconds)
F: 4.6 ez
S: 9.5 mi with 8x3 minutes at 10K, 2 minute jog
S: 14.5 progression, started very easy, worked down to the high 6's, avg 7:20s

I like to post a week summary since it gives me a good look back at the structure of a week. Overall I feel good. Some achies always accompany the return of faster running for me and this week was no different. My hamstrings were sore, but are improving, now both quads are a little sore.

Plus since we weren't all quite back on track in my house after the stomach bug and sleep is still all disturbed, we decided, hey - let's get a cold too! Throat is a little sore. Pbbbt.

For some reason, either the running, or the cold temps outside, or the cold in my head I've been really hungry the past 2 days. 2 helpings of dinner. Hungry, hungry.

Uninterrupted sleep has also been a rare commodity at our house lately. First it was the stomach bug, then our son (who is a late, and on again-off again) teether is getting new teeth and good for a few wake-up calls a night. Now our daughter seems to be afflicted by nightmares about paintbrush distribution and other travails of the craft table. Tired, tired.

Last night, 45 minutes easy.

No comments: